For Q4 so far likely to be extended
We are seeking a business-focused, well-spoken data analyst experienced in Information/Data Governance to deliver data and metadata standards and data management processes to support initiatives in a dynamic environment. Working as part of the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) organization, you will report to the Data Asset Inventory Leader and partner with key business and IT teams to support our client growing business with enterprise data policies, standards, and optimized systems and processes to ensure data health and trustworthiness.
A deep understanding of large complex business practices and environments and specific experience with data and metadata development and activation are required. To be successful, you will need a good technical orientation and analytical skills, be a creative problem solver, and work well in a customer-oriented environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Drive technical and business metadata identification and collection
• Work with stakeholders finding common agreement on technical and business metadata standards to input in our client Data Asset Inventory
• Apply monitoring data policy adherence methods
• Work closely with technical stewards to understand organizational requirements, to identify, define and gather approvals for governance needs, and to ensure governance-related requests and deliverables are completed and provided in alignment with the plan
• Prepare materials and meeting minutes for meetings with subject matter experts and stakeholders. Assist with meeting facilitation.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• 4+ years developing metadata capabilities and data quality best practices
• Experience performing data and metadata analysis, documenting requirements, and implementing solutions on industry-standard like MDM and data governance platforms
• Experience with metadata/ data governance tools (e.g., Collibra, SAP Information Steward, etc.)
• Fluency in English and clear, concise, effective verbal and written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
• Demonstrated record of consulting and/or successfully working in complex, matrixed environments to build and maintain positive relationships and accomplish goals
• Ability to make logical connections between business processes, data policies, and data standards