At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Assists with the maintenance, repair and improvement of facility equipment, machinery and buildings. In addition, assists with the development of efficient parts inventory systems.
Reduce machinery downtime while increasing production efficiency.
1. Responsible for the diagnosis of potential or actual equipment issues through observation, problem identification and analysis utilizing available information (e.
g., cycle printouts, blueprints, schematics) followed by ensuring appropriate and efficient corrective action.
2. Responsible for the completion of directed project work through construction and / or installation of systems including electrical, mechanical, pnuematic and hydraulic systems.
3. Ensures appropriate work instructions are developed which will ensure less experienced technicians can perform tasks as they become routine in nature.
4. Assists in the design of maintenance solutions through ongoing verbal or written feedback to maintenance and facility managers.
5. Optimizes processing and reduces downtime by performing predictive and preventive maintenance on all equipment, machinery and facility buildings, as well as participating in the installation of new equipment as required.
6. Contributes to maintaining a safe, secure and clean workplace by conducting the daily, weekly, quarterly and semi-annual safety / maintenance inspections according to pre-
established guidelines and schedules; completes related paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
7. Contributes to production efficiency by responding in person or by phone support to emergency maintenance calls on a 24 / 7 basis as assigned.
8. Assists in maintaining a spare parts program.
9. Maintains building climate by installing, repairing and servicing HVAC systems.
10. Maintains facility lighting by installing and repairing wiring and fixtures.
11. Ensures employee safety by adhering to all Lockouts, Tag-out procedures, as well as following MSDS safety procedures when using chemicals.
responds to audit activities in a constructive manner and uses findings to improve operations where possible.
Number of years experience accepted in lieu of degree and type : 6
Number of years experience with degree indicated above and type : 3
In a numbered list, describe specific work experience requirements; include years of experience for each requirement :
1. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
2. Requires ability to read, interpret and practically apply electrical ladder diagrams and mechanical blueprints.
3. Requires working knowledge of PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) or other types of process control equipment.
4. Requires ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
5. Requires ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
6. Requires computer skills and word processing, spreadsheet and software capabilities re : maintenance work order, inventory and downtime software.
7. Requires effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
8. Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 3 math skills (ratios, proportions, basic algebra) to determine organizational Customer and regulatory problems to formulate corrective action plans.
9. Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
10. Requires normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS plc is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE : STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.