The incumbent is responsible for performing chemical analysis for manufacturing solutions, microbiology analysis (of water, air and bioburden) of components used for the manufacturing of product.
Also, the incumbent is responsible for performing monomer formulation and visual inspections for the incoming manufacturing components and materials.
Use various types of machinery, lab equipment and complex computer programs to perform the analysis’ tasks.
Microbiology Analysis Tasks :
1. Performs sampling, microbiological analysis, environmental monitoring and disposition (i.e. water, air, bioburden).
2. Performs analysis as per protocols validation as needed.
Performs minor troubleshooting and maintenance to laboratory equipment following work instructions as applicable.
3. Verifies daily the expiration date of laboratory reagents, culture media, etc.
Chemistry Analysis Tasks :
1. Performs sampling, analysis and disposition of manufacturing solutions, components, product and protocols as needed based on daily production following standard procedures.
2. Performs sampling and residuals (chlorine) analysis to mixer tank, hoses, beakers and filter housing used for manufacturing solutions following standards procedures.
3. Performs inventory control of for laboratory reagents, standards solutions and supplies.
4. Verifies on daily basis the expiration date of laboratory reagents and standards solutions.
Monomer formulation Tasks :
1. Prepares the monomer formulation as per applicable procedures to support daily manufacturing demand.
2. Participates in laboratory investigations.
3. Performs daily and quarterly balance routine weight verification based on working instructions.
4. Cleans laboratory glassware and equipment use during the mixing process to assure it is free of contamination / residuals.
5. Organizes raw materials and segregate products in the freezer accordingly to standard procedures.
6. Reports usage of raw materials in BPCS system.
7. Performs daily inventory of the monomer formulation (stock area) and periodically inventory of components.
8. Notifies to Supervisor the laboratory supplies and equipment inventory needs to perform corresponding purchase.
9. Performs testing of monomer mixture (i.e. turbidity, haziness, color, etc.).
10. Verifies daily the expiration date of monomer components.
11. Coordinates the disposal of any unused materials, contaminated materials, or out of specification product.
Incoming Inspection Tasks
1. Performs incoming inspection sampling and physical approval (place the disposition labels) of components and manufacturing materials (21 different components).
2. Performs visual inspection test for components.
3. Generates incoming inspection related documentation following good documentation practices associated to the cleaning, PM and equipment verification and monitoring as per applicable procedures.
4. Transports non-hazardous components or manufacturing materials and samples from the warehouse to the laboratory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Skills and Abilities :
Experience with microbiology / chemistry laboratory equipment (Incubators, autoclave, air sampler, pH meter, colony counter, conductivity meter, osmometer, HPLC, GC troubleshooting, GLP, TOC, IR, UV, titrations, etc.).
Associate Degree in Science related to Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biology, Pharmacy, Chemistry, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. CooperVision Caribbean Corp. reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
CooperVision is an Equal Opportunity Employer