A mutually rewardingexperience.
Work.Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being inbusiness than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy.
Andthe opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. Anopportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, forthose around you and for the planet.
What you get here ischallenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do agreat job and you get to have the best possible people on your sideto help you do it.
And at the same time as getting to find ways todo business better today than we did it yesterday and driving agreat career, you also get to build a more enlightened business anddrivesustainability.
Becauseit’s never just about a single person, a single project or a singlebrand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within yourreach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-
term gain. It’s abouthaving ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure becausethe promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off.
It’sthat mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a specialplace to work. And why working here is always about more than justa job.
Mars is afamily-owned business with more than a century of history makingdiverse products and offering services for people and the petspeople love.
With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is aglobal business that produces some of the world’s best-lovedbrands : M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®,ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLEBEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®.
Mars also provides veterinaryhealth services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®,VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operatesin more than 80 countries.
The Mars Five Principles Quality,Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom inspire itsmore than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partnersand deliver growth they are proud of everyday.
Drive asustainable model to grow in the traditional channel whileleveraging strong brands, dedicated resources (Key Account Juniorsand Promotores de Demada) and deep channel knowledge.
Costa Rica DTT represents 60% ofvolume in Confectionery (chocolate, gums and fruity confection) andPet Care categories in CostaRica.
Opportunity lies within perfectstore implementation to exploit potential in high traffic storesand map out opportunities for smaller trade.
1. Portfolio Management : ensuring & recommending the rightproducts, in the right place, at the right time with 100% focus oncore & their numeric distributionincreasing.
2. Budget Controls : manage & recommend trade investments only withhealthy ROIs of at least 4 to 1 to ensure long term brand buildingaligned to market strategy.
Ensure healthy inventory levels in eachdistributor swarehouses.
3. Business Planning & Development : ability to proactivelyanticipate channel and market dynamics by having multiplecontingency plans available to ensure sales maintain pace &don’tsuffer
4. Perfect Store : implement perfect store practices for DTT to ensuresustainability of distribution model. Complement data tracking ondistribution with in store audits andsupervision.
5. Customer Relation : able to relate to people at all levels in theorganization to build and manage internal / external relationshipsinvolving allstakeholders.
6. Category Expertise : understand, apply and transfer category &brand knowledge by working closely with Category Leaders &CustomerMarketing.
7. Numerical approach : able to use Nielsen & sell-out data forfact-based arguments & go beyond with shopper insights that canhelp transform thebusiness
8. Distributor Sales Management : coordinate / develop / track specificsales KPI plans for sale forces and supervisors by Distributor toensure results are aligned to market brand strategy.
Developdistributor supervisors on leadership skills and vision for the DTTchannel.
9. Develop talent : coordinate / develop / coach DTT team, to execute DTTstrategy in stores, according with MLCs framework and functionalcompetences.
Plan & negotiate Mars business objectives in thedistributors.
Grow the business and stay on pace with solid planning,organization KPI tracking & execution; while guaranteeingsynergies with our functional departments like finance andlogistics.
The associate will need to develop strong influencingwithout authority as the sales force is from the distributor andcommunication with marketing and supportteams.
All actions based on Mars Five Principles and reportingto the Costa Rica Market DevelopmentLeader
Marsis an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationalorigin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any othercharacteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or anaccommodation during the application process because of adisability, it is available upon request.
The company is pleased toprovide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as aresult of such arequest.