The Amazon Costa Rica Finance Operations started in 2008 and will continue to support Amazon’s expansions in the Americas Region.
FinOps team apart from handling basic transaction processing, is also engaged in critical research and complex analytical activities.
The team comprises of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Finance Business Analytics, Reporting, and Controllership into its portfolio.
We are looking for Finance Talent that thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done.
If you have a reputation for being tech-savvy, analytical, strategic, or possessing the ability to prioritize and demonstrating a strong sense of urgency this opportunity may be for you :
The Data Analyst will support the Costa Rica Finance Business Services continuous business analytics transformation plan.
Will also support the operations tracking of regional Account Payable, Payroll and Account Receivable by maintaining and improving the current reporting structure.
The successful candidate will have a strong desire to innovate reporting processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, primarily driving innovation on behalf of customers / vendors.
1. Maintain and create FinOps LATAM operations metrics dashboards and reports.
2. Support ACES team by providing technical skills in report automation projects (maybe required to participate as member of Global BA project)
3. Build and maintain Business Review (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly) slides for leadership meetings
4. Handle and resolve moderate to complex problems without escalation and with minimal supervision.
5. Identifies process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existing metrics, analyzing data, and collaborating with internal teams.
6. Performs and leads ad-hoc business analyses to address emerging business issues and presenting results to senior leaders.
7. Be willing to immerse in the day-to-day operations and dive deep the process.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Business, or other quantitative field.
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills including written and oral in English.
3. Independent and entrepreneurial showing the ability to work with minimal direction.
4. Solid problem solving skills and root cause analysis experience.
5. Substantial SQL knowledge for data extraction and digestion and reports automation.
6. Moderate statistics literacy and familiarity with descriptive and inferential techniques application.
7. Previous experience with BI and visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, QLink, etc.
8. Experience in Excel pivot tables, charts, and functions.
1. Preference will be given to candidates with solid experience with Excel VBA and Macros.
2. Experience with scripting languages (Python, R, Scala) is highly desired but not required.
3. Previous accounting or finance related experience strongly preferred.
4. Experience with Oracle Financial Applications, OBIEE, etc.
SQL technical skills will be tested during the interview process.