Edify's Design vision
Design is a way to create the future. It is in this moment of creation that we need to ask ourselves the toughest questions. Throughout the design process we start defining the impact of the technology we are building, how it may be used and why we are building it. As philosopher Peter-Paul Verbeek would argue, it's here were we 'moralize technology'.
In our role as a technology partner we must go beyond a superficial understanding of our client's needs. Instead, we enter a dialog in which we together share and define a vision. Our commitment is not simply to create pretty and easy-to-use systems but to create real value for users, clients and the wider world in which we live.
We are on the hunt for a passionate UX/UI Designer with a focus on empathy and user-centric design for our Costa Rican office located in Aerocentro, Alajuela.
This position will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Transform complex ideas into well-thought journeys and intuitive user interfaces.
- Improve features by revisiting usability, adoption, and frequency of use.
- Effectively communicate and explain ideas using wireframes, prototypes, and user stories.
You know your stuff:
- Proven experience in user experience design, interaction design, product design or industrial design.
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Attention to detail and consistency across platforms.
- A strong focus on both user experience and aesthetics.
- Ability to translate ideas into complex user flows.
- Ability to support and communicate with the development team (especially front-end).
- Ability to explain (verbally and in written form) your design process to the team and client.
- Ability to transform business and user needs into a project plan.
- Experience in designing across platforms (web and mobile).
- Experience in designing educational technology.
- Experience in branding, and/or copywriting.
- A university degree in a design related area.
Who he/she is:
- Able to iterate quickly.