Provide support to people and organizations using computer software or equipment and assist end-users having computer problems. Operate within a formal help desk ticket queue system.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Pay close attention to customers when they describe their computer problems
- Assist end-users with submitted trouble-tickets or questions regarding software and hardware
- Ask customers questions to properly diagnose the problem
- Walk customers through the problem-solving steps
- Set up or repair computer equipment and related devices
- Install software and desktop systems
- Train users to use new computer hardware or software, including printing, installation, word processing, and email
- Give information to others in the organization about what gives customers the most trouble and other concerns customers have
- Use computers for long periods of time
- Adhere to company attendance requirements and able to work assigned schedules.
- Adhere to client, company and regulatory requirements and policies.
Bachelor's degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent. Requires solid computer knowledge with 0-2 years of related experience.
- Interpersonal skills. Must be patient and sympathetic, often helping people who are frustrated with the software or hardware they are trying to use.
- Listening skills. Able to understand the problem that the customer is describing and know when to ask questions to clarify the situation.
- Problem-solving skills. Able to identify both simple and complex computer problems, analyze them, and provide a proper solution.
- Speaking skills. Describe the solution to a computer problem in a way that a nontechnical person can understand.
- Writing skills. Strong writing skills for preparing instructions and email responses for employees and customers.