Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze source systems to understand the data and develop data models
• Collaborate with Product, Analytics and Engineering teams in designing and developing the next generation of the Amherst data warehouse
• Review data and identify data anomalies that hinder movement to future state architecture
• Develop plans for automating and implementing the clean-up of data using existing capabilities and/or developing new solutions
• Partner and align with business leaders, stakeholders, product managers and internal teams to understand the requirements and technical specifications and address complex business questions in a globally distributed environment.
• Understand data landscape i.e. tooling, tech stack, source systems etc. and work closely with the data Engineering team to improve the data collection and quality.
• Understand business/product strategy and high-level roadmap and align analysis efforts to enable them with data insights and help achieve their strategic goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related quantitative discipline
• 4+ years of data analysis & data modeling experience; consulting or financial services industry experience is a plus
• Proven results-oriented analysis that helped support positive change in the business strategy
• Strong SQL skills and working knowledge of relational databases such as: SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Snowflake and distributed databases such as Netezza, Teradata, Amazon RedShift
• Capable of working closely with business including but not limited to, Engineering, BI and Product teams to ensure data initiatives are aligned with business needs and is of high quality.
• Knowledge of data warehousing, and the development of physical and logical models.
• Experience using data modeling tools such as: ERWin, ER Studio, Power Designer, IBM Data Architect, Dataedo etc.
• Experience working in a Big Data environment e.g. Hadoop, Hive etc.
• Strong team player
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to express relevant, technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to see the big picture and effectively analyze complex issues
• Strong technical ability, willing to learn and evolve your skills with advances in Technology
• Familiarity with SCRUM or similar agile discipline is preferred.
• Experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools is a plus
Powered by JazzHR