1. Project lead the practical implementation and provide training and support to all staff in facilitating the implementation of the new incident reporting and risk assessment system, Sentinel - to be completed within contract timescale.
2. Creating and implementing an Environmental Management Plan/policy. This should include investigating and evaluating the possibility of the organisation seeking a recognised environmental accreditation - to be completed within contract timescale.
3. Reviewing, developing and improving the organisation’s safety management system, ensuring that health and safety risks are identified, assessed and managed with appropriate control measures in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
4. Develop, implement and review the organisation’s Health and Safety Policies and procedures/guidance.
5. Assist managers carrying out risk assessments across all areas of the orgainsation and carry out risk assessments in certain areas. This includes working with the HR department to support risk assessments for staff.
- Inform the project management team and supervision of any new or conflictive legislative matters that could impact the project.
- Develop a Site Safety Management Plan (SMP) for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community.
- Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions.
- Organize and schedule required safety staff and first aid coverage.
- Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors, foremen and safety advisors. ! Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately.
- Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
- Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed. Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
• Advanced English
• Occupational Health and Safety Degree,
• Minimum 5-year Health and Safety field experience
• Proficient in Microsoft office applications
• The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities.
- University Professional with a degree in Occupational Health Engineering. -Preferable in the medical area, manufacturing and service management.
- At least 3 years experience with regard to the operation of the position, supervision and compliance with the strategy in the area of industrial safety and occupational hygiene.
- Extensive knowledge of the Laws, Regulations and Statutes related to the area of safety, industrial health, occupational hygiene.
- Policies, Norms and Procedures regarding industrial safety and occupational hygiene.
-Experience in prevention methods and accident records, inspections and others related to industrial safety and occupational hygiene.
- Experience in establishing processes, preparing reports, accident reports, investigations, among others.
- Excellent communication management and customer service.