Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Kitchen Department responsible for food preparation while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
1. High knowledge of Italian regional cooking
2. Must be up to date on modern market trends
3. Will have a minimum 5 years of experience in a top recognized establishment.
4. Will have lead all stations including pantry, appetizer, meat / fish / sauce, pasta.
5. Able to present Italian style dishes that reflect the current tastes of a Italian clientele that are grounded in flavour with a clean, simple presentation.
short.term strategic operational planning.
2. Assist in the planning and development of menus for the hotel, ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration.
3. Work and make that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
4. Work with control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
5. Communicate with employees to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.