At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Responsible for the safe movement of Customer product. Duties include movement of product within unprocessed storage area, transfer of product to processing area, loading and unloading processed product, places and retrieves monitoring devices on product, pre-shipping preparation and staging product in processed area.
Reviews product and process documents and instructions, i.e., Customer provided special instructions or work instructions, and ensures accurate processing.
May perform the duties of Material Handler, Warehouse or Warehouse Assistant as needed.
maintains a clean orderly work area, performs Material Handling, production functions as needed; processes product according to specifications if qualified by training and certification.
places, retrieves and analyzes product monitoring devices per processing specifications.
3. May assist in maintaining product inventory by receiving, identifying, labeling if appropriate, and storing product within the Shipping and Receiving area in accordance with established procedure and any applicable Customer provided special instructions.
4. Loads and unloads product into and from processing station, includes forklift operation.
5. Contributes to safe product processing by responding to any alarm conditions in an appropriate manner; reports events and activities outside normal parameters to Operator or management.
supporting the directives and decisions of higher level management and accomplishing other duties as assigned.
7. Maintains and advances technical skills, knowledge and abilities by assigned training.
8. Works in a safe manner and considers safety in all aspects of job.
9. Exhibits a commitment to Lean principles and continuous improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customers’ needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customers’ needs with a sense of urgency.
High School Diploma or GED
Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
Requires ability to navigate through defined computer screens.
Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 1 math skills (add and subtract 2 digit numbers. Multiply and divide 10’s and 100’s by 2,3,4,5, ability to use the four arithmetic functions of add, subtract, multiply and divide with money, measurements, e.
g. cup, pint, inch, foot, lbs. etc.).
Requires effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE : STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.