Reports to :
Shared Service Center Head (at interim)
Long term : P2P Director
Direct reports :
Operational Team Members of AP and Procurement in SSC Americas
1.Lead and plan the execution of thecomplete, stringent and timely financial tasks including but not limited to :
Invoice Scanning and Processing
Supplier Contact and query resolution
Reporting and other back-office activities
Purchase Order Processing and Maintenance
Coordinate the client relationship with the Affiliates
2.Lead and plan the complete, stringent and timely execution of the Procurement Services such as (but not limited to) :
3.Ensure overall compliance with the agreed Standard Operating Procedures, with audit and ICFR requirements, Contributes to the continuous improvement of the performance of the SSC.
4.Maintain and report Service Level Agreements with all affiliates.Review the SLA based on the actual Finance operation
5. Promote a working environment that encourages personal development and work stream improvement. Develop staff and their career goals;
leading teams to execute on operational targets
6. Lead the operations teams to improve and implement process efficiencies for all aspects of the Shared Services operations.
This includes understanding the business drivers and leveraging analytics to support recommended changes
7. Lead, develop and mentor The P2P Team. Understanding of the skills and talents needed to meet the business objectives for all functions / tasks within the P2P operations teams.
This includes hiring of AP Team Members.
8. Establish annual objectives / goals with the operation teams to ensure resources are utilized appropriately, performances are maintained and Shared Services goals / objectives are accomplished
9. Communicate and collaborate proactively with various business partners and management in an effort to anticipate business partners needs and to
A solid understanding of accounting and procurement processes.
Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively, adhere to tight and established deadlines
Demonstrated communication skills with a focus on customer service
Knowledge of Finance Shared Services (AP, AR, Procurement, etc.) and operational accounting processes and related technology systems (e.
g. SAP etc.) is desired.
Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to perform work with limited direction and guidance. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. Strong presentation and analytical skills.
Strong skills around strategy, focus, vision and being able to deliver a roadmap with a business case.
Ability to prioritize effectively and multitask, meet all deadlines and manage up.
Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Works well with others and follow through to execute all tasks.
English and Spanish required,Portuguese or French (preferred)
University Degree in Finance, Administration or related field
International Certification in Accounting is a plus
5+ years experience in an operational P2P (AP and or Procurement) and services management role.
3+ years prior leadership experience.
Who we are At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-
focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.