We consider this position to be ideal for a person who likes to interact with customers and coworkers. A person who is motivated by the technical challenges of complex solutions that will be working in global customers.
The person would be part of a software area dedicated to develop solutions to be used in customers that are part of the Fortune 1000. Frontend development for computers, tablets, TVs and Set Top Boxes.
We give an option of 100% WFH as well as being able to work from our offices in Curridabat. The person must be able to join and collaborate with a work team that may only be known by video calls.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software codes according to requirements and specifications, established or defined quality and performance standards, and within delivery timelines.
- To develop clean, readable and maintainable software codes:
- According to requirements and specifications.
- Within established or defined quality and performance standards/benchmarks.
- Within agreed upon delivery timelines.
- Develop unit-testable codes with corresponding unit tests.
- Reduce technical debt by analyzing code and enhancing the same by code refactoring.
- Participate in consultation with the Scrum Masters, Development Leads and team members in estimating effort for work assigned.
- Participate in initiatives that improve processes and/or procedures that contribute to performance effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Communicate work progress and all (work-related) pertinent information in an accurate and timely manner to the Development Lead.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Fluent in English: at least 80% in reading, writing and oral skills.
- At least 2 years of working experience in an agile software development environment.
- Positive and professional approach at all times.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to tasks.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to empathize with the customer’s viewpoint when designing and developing software.