We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join the Oracle+NetSuite Security team responsible for securing systems, infrastructure, services and data.We have mid and senior level positions available in this fast-growing organization!Responsibilities include:· Design, build, and support security solutions for product services and infrastructure both on premise and cloud
· Architect, develop, support, automate and evaluate new security tools and services
· Develop standard operating procedures, security guidelines and processes
· Conduct security risk assessment and evaluate the effectiveness of existing security controls
· Help internal product teams architect solutions securely
· Lead product teams through the security design review process
· Ensure operations team’s designs meet security policy and standards
· Document policy improvements necessary to improve internal processes
· Contribute to internal security evangelism and educationRequired skills and experience:· Possess an understanding of operations and network security and common security weaknesses
· Ability to explain complex security issues to engineers, managers, and executives
· Ability to manage multiple disparate projects
· Excellent written and spoken English communication
· Proven skills in network and system security and design, management, monitoring, incident response and documentation
· Strong knowledge of security controls including network security technologies (IDS, IPS, firewall, DLP, NAC, and WAF), OS hardening, file integrity monitoring, authentication
· Self-motivated and possess solid critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
· 6 years of related work experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 4 years with Master's degree
· B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experiencePreferred skills and experience:· 8 to 11 years of relative work experience desired.
· Work experience at a cloud service provider and intimate knowledge of the complexities of securing a cloud environment preferred
· Recognized industry certification and/or continuing education programs are a major plus including CISSP, OSCP, CCSK, CCNE, GSEC, CISA
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for the planning, design and build of security architectures; oversees the implementation of network and computer security and ensures compliance with corporate security policies and procedures.
Responsible for basic planning, design and build of security systems, applications, environments and architectures; oversees the implementation of security systems, applications, environments and architectures and ensures compliance with information security standards and corporate security policies and procedures.Assist in development of incident response capabilities, training, and tool validation.May research, evaluate, track, and manage information security threats and vulnerabilities in situations where analysis of well-understood information is required and where computer programming/scripting knowledge is required.May participate in an incident management team, responding to security events in line with Oracle incident response playbooks. Investigates purported intrusions and breaches, and oversees root cause analysis. Coordinates incidents with other business units and may assist the Incident Commander during serious incidents. Participates in developing new methods, and playbooks, as well as basic scripts, applications, and tools. Research industry trends and constantly assess current controls and threat posture of new and existing products and services.Recommend and implement new security controls across Oracle’s line of business (LOB).Improve current processes and workflows to minimize manual efforts.
Minimum of 5 years related experience in an information security role, supporting security programs and security engineering/architecture in complex enterprise environments. Hands on experience with enterprise security architecture, engineering and implementation required.Knowledge of compliance program security controls, like ISO 27001, SOC 2, HITRUST, and FedRAMP, as applied to cloud SaaS, PaaS and IaaS operations.Familiarity with SDLC principles and scripting & programming languages (such as Terraform, Python, Ruby, etc.).Preferred but not required qualifications include:Bachelor-level university degree in a relevant field from an accredited university, or equivalent. Experience in developing secure, scalable cloud architectures and distributed systems.Experience with high-level software design and development and the design, use, and deployment of automation and orchestration frameworks.Demonstrable scripting or programming experience.