Client Services, Inc. (CSI), an established and professional call center located in Heredia, Costa Rica, is seeking career minded individuals to join our team. We value our employees and are proud to offer a Competitive Salary, Bonus Opportunities, Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, etc.
As a Helpdesk Specialist you will provide support to people and the organization by using computer software/equipment to assist end-users having computer problems. Issues will be logged and you will operate within a formal helpdesk ticket queue system.
Compensation based on experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Pay close attention to customers when they describe their computer problems
- Assist end-users with submitted trouble-tickets or questions regarding software and hardware
- Ask customers questions to properly diagnose the problem
- Walk customers through the problem-solving steps
- Document issues and solutions in Help Desk System
- Provide support to safety and brigade teams
- Set up or repair computer and related devices
- Install software and desk systems
- Train users to use new computer hardware or software, including printing, installation, word processing, and email
- Manage physical assets, keep them up to date.
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations
- Adhere to company attendance requirements and able to work assigned schedules
- Adhere to client, company and regulatory requirements and policies
- Use computers for long periods of time
- Experience with Active Directory and Windows Server environment
- Ability to troubleshoot break/fix issues on hardware components
- Flexible shift coverage and availability on emergency issues of site location
- Familiarity of help desk systems and remote troubleshooting steps
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Outlook, and Word support
- Working understanding of basic networking and programming knowledge is a plus
Requires solid computer knowledge with 3+ years of related experience. Bachelor's degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Interpersonal skills. Must be patient and sympathetic, often helping people who are frustrated with the software or hardware they are trying to use.
- Listening skills. Able to understand the problem that the customer is describing and know when to ask questions to clarify the situation.
- Problem-solving skills. Able to identify both simple and complex computer problems, analyze them, and provide a proper solution.
- Speaking skills. Describe the solution to a computer problem in a way that a nontechnical person can understand.
- Writing skills. Strong writing skills for preparing instructions and email responses for employees and customers.