Job Description :
CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD" Summary Communicate and coordinate requests received from Flight Crew with various internal departments as
well as outside vendors in support of the U.S. Department of State (DoS), Bureau for Diplomatic Security (DS), under
oversight from the Bureau for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs Office of Aviation (INL / A).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure flight crew briefs comply with the programs agreement / contract and applicable regulations.
Verify flight crew is in position for briefed flight activities.
Brief both Fixed-Wing and Rotary Wing Crews on all aspects of each trip including owner / customer requests and special needs.
Arrange and update to crew operational issues, such as early and late operations at / with fixed base operators or / and other applicable personnel.
Flight follow assigned program aircraft and update arrival and departure times.
Actively maintains case management documentation concerning issues impacting owner / customer flights. Manages crew communication center and provides timely responses to Fixed-
Wing and Rotary Wing Crews.
Receive inbound communications from flight crew and adheres to departmental policies and standards concerning phone call statistics.
Facilitate and communicate Fixed-Wing and Rotary Wing Crew transportation and other accommodation elements. Initiates and conducts training within his / her respective area of responsibility as required by meeting all contract objectives.
Plan and coordinate flight routes in support of DOS air movement, and plan all customer air movement for the daily manifest.
Responsible for coordinating incoming aircraft schedules and organizing cargo onto aircraft as required.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization policies and applicable laws.
Nationalization Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Daily Operations Reports to include but not limited to, missions requested, scheduled, flown, cancelled and aborted by aircraft type, aircraft identification / tail number, hours flown, sensitive items, mission detail, significant events, and personnel strength to include;
authorized, assigned, boots on ground, break and TDY.
Current and Future Flight Ops Planning.
Provide Host Nation training in support of and conduct current and future operations planning.
Ensure missions are coordinated with all stakeholders to ensure aircraft, crew and mission support equipment are available.
Receive, document and pass mission requests regardless of source; missions will be documented and tracked in the MIS by : (1) approval / disapproval / rescheduled and reason;
2). All USG approved missions will be passed to SAA and applicable stakeholders.
Provide oversight and training of the HN for Passenger and Cargo Processing to include manifesting passengers and cargo, passenger check-
in to include cargo, baggage and passenger, handling, marshaling and loading of passengers.
Provide Host Nation training in support of, and acquire and provide readily available intelligence and information for operational planning.
Work with Host Nation to ensure mission support program is in place.
Provide relevant aviation publications e.g., Aircrew Training Manuals (ATM), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), etc.
to be maintained in the technical libraries.
U.S. Security Clearance Required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Required :
A.A. / A.S or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, Airman Certificate, military service, and / or internship with an airline or flight department is desired.
Conversant in English.
Host Nation language proficiency as required by contract : Level 2 in both Listening and Reading (L2 / R2).
Skills & Experience Required :
Minimum Seven (7) years of experience in an Air Operations Center, Direct Air Support Center, Base Operations, Command Post or commercial customer service experience in airline booking, scheduling or operational position required.
Job Requirements :
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CORE COMPETENCIES 1. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision;
is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate;
listens attentively to others and retains / processes information.
3. Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him / her; deals tactfully with others;
assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines;
consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work;
provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
6. Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others;
resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
8. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
9. Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
10. Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
11. Performance Management - Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model
12. Expense Management - Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency;
demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
13. Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust;
fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture. Salary Range : Neg-Neg Relocation : Travel : Not Specified