At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Manages Shipping and Receiving functions of the warehouse in a safe, economical manner to deliver Customer product within normal and / or emergency deliveries.
Maintains communications with Customers, vendors and internal staff regarding product transportation and processing issues.
Ensures material handling equipment is safe and working through a preventative maintenance program. Initiates new transportation programs and processing specifications for new customers.
1. Establishes an organizational structure by assigning responsibilities, delegating authority and selecting, orienting and training direct reports.
directs and maintains activities designed to achieve and maintain high employee morale; fosters intra- and inter-department cooperation.
requests assistance from internal financial support as needed; studies new regulations affecting the transportation field and advising management of needed actions.
initiates fixed capital requests; monitors all safety and security systems and procedures on a regular basis; supports plant safety meetings that evaluate plant machinery, equipment and working conditions.
maintains frequent contact with Production, Quality and Maintenance staff.
investigates deviations and Customer complaints making recommendations and / or implementing corrective action; responds to audit activities in a constructive manner and uses findings to improve operations where possible.
7. Assists in the administration of current and new business activities by developing plans and strategies to meet Customer requirements and maximize profit.
8. Monitors the implementation of plans and strategies by collecting, analyzing and preparing reports for review by appropriate company management.
9. Ensures that all federal, state and local regulations pertaining to, but not limited to, radioactive materials, licensing compliance, safety, EPA, OSHA, FDA, DOT and governing bodies in Costa Rica rules and regulations are adhered to.
Maintains a working knowledge of regulations and establishes a monitoring program that responds to audit activity in a constructive manner.
10. Promotes and protects the company reputation by participating and representing the company in local community activities.
11. Maintains professional skills, knowledge and abilities by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
Duties - cont'd
12. Drives safe working behavior by demonstrating and promoting safe work performance, ensuring effective communications and recognitions, as well as identifying and anticipating safety training needs, and counseling and training employees.
13. Communicates in an effective manner by utilizing accepted business practices in a courteous and professional manner to provide timely and accurate responses and service oriented offers of assistance.
14. Provides protection to employees by promoting personal protection and issuing monitoring devices in hazard areas as required by safety rules.
15. Protects company confidential information by properly storing, retrieving and disseminating such information only to those authorized.
16. Exhibits a commitment to the AST shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
supports the directives and decisions of higher level management and performs other duties as assigned.
Number of years experience accepted in lieu of degree and type : 8
Number of years experience with degree indicated above and type : 3
In a numbered list, describe specific work experience requirements; include years of experience for each requirement :
1. A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory or managerial experience in a warehousing and logistics position with FDA and / or ISO experience and strong Customer focus.
In a numbered list, describe specific skills and / or business competencies :
1. Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate.
2. Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
3. Requires computer literacy to include word processing, spreadsheet and software capabilities.
4. Effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior management experience.
5. Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 3 math skills (ratios, proportions basic algebra) to determine organizational Customer and regulatory problems to formulate corrective action plans.
6. Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
7. Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitude or judgements; to generalize, evaluate and make decisions in stressful situations.
8. Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS plc is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE : STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.