We are growing quickly at Tech9 and looking for a Senior level Software Engineer with experience in Ruby on Rails. This is a great opportunity to work with a company that has a primary focus of making our customers happy by delivering value, without all the burdensome policies and rules that have become typical for outsourced software development companies.
** Our Developers can work from home **
If you are looking for a change this is what we can promise you:
- You will have challenging problems to solve
- You will have flexibility and autonomy to solve problems and deliver solutions
- We will provide a highly collaborative environment with skilled and super friendly teammates
- We will fully support you in developing software the right way
- We won't burden you with useless policies and procedures
- We will provide you the tools you need to do your job right
If that sounds attractive please apply! We'd love to talk to you.
Here are some more details about the position:
You will be hands-on writing code, unit tests, and performing peer code reviews. You will work with a project manager, software development engineers, user experience and interface designers, quality assurance engineers and customer stakeholders to deliver high quality, scalable and maintainable software solutions.
- Contribute to a team of software engineers and QA engineers to deliver commitments on time with a positive attitude.
- Work with project architect to ensure that patterns for scalability, maintainability and performance are developed.
- Follow the process for software development, testing and deployment.
- Ensure that assigned user stories (requirements) have sufficient detail to be implemented properly.
- Ensure that you have sufficient understanding of user stories to provide reliable estimates.
- Work with the project manager as needed to build requirements and understanding of software features.
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure that code standards and proper architectural patterns are followed.
- Attend daily meetings status meeting with the team.
- Make suggestions regarding improvements to the software.
- Be an expert in the technology stack of the software project
- 5+ years developing web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Performing peer code reviews.
- Unit testing
- Git and merge conflict resolution
- Ajax, Restful APIs and JSON
- Strong relational database (PostgreSQL and MySQL)
- Scalable Architectural Patterns
- API Integrations
- Robust Web Security
- Full stack experience
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (Azure, Amazon or Heroku)
- Experience building, tuning and supporting SaaS platforms
- Experience with DevOps
- Implementation of container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with continuous integration(Jenkins, CircleCI), continuous delivery and enterprise DevOps concepts.
- microservice architecture
- Logging, monitoring, and alerting tools
- Experience with React and Flux
- MongoDB or other No-SQL data storage
- Caching Technologies
- Experience working with offshore and nearshore development teams.
Powered by JazzHR