Is responsible for performing maintenance on aircraft and their associated engines and sub-systems to ensure airworthiness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Repair, replace and rebuild aircraft structures and functional components. Must be able to perform rigging tasks as required.
Must be able to utilize shears, sheet metal tools and equipment, hand tools, drills power tools, etc.
Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other related documentation to determine feasibility and method of altering or repairing the aircraft and its associated components, determining the airworthiness of the aircraft and its associated components and replacement for malfunctioning or damaged components
Inspect engines and their associated components for airworthiness; repair or replace defective engine parts and associated components;
remove and install engines onto the aircraft.
Troubleshoot, repair and replace electrical wiring and associated components.
Perform miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including hydraulic system servicing, engine oil replenishment, aircraft systems lubrication, aircraft fueling, etc.
Interact with Company maintenance control, the customer and manufacturer in matters that concern the airworthiness of the aircraft, operational readiness of the aircraft and issues related to the troubleshooting of the aircraft's system.
Must have knowledge of U.S. Army Manual 95-1and DA / DOS PAM - / or U.S. Air Force Technical Orders along with maintenance sections of the certificate holder's maintenance manual, the operations specifications, the provisions and applicable parts of FAR Part
Participate in Maintenance Test Flights as required.
Perform other duties as assigned.
NATIONALIZATION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Provide Host Nation training and oversight of mechanics in support of performing maintenance on aircraft and their associated engines and sub-systems to ensure airworthiness.
Provide oversight and training for maintenance contractors if required.
Assist with the development of a HN mechanic training program and the creation of targeted On the Job (OJT) training modules to address capability deficiencies when identified.
Comply with technical data as outlined in US army Manual 95-1 and DA / DOS PAM - / or U.S. Air Force Technical Order and DoS supplements and SOPs.
Perform other duties as assigned
High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and technical school certificate.
Current FAA Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) License required.
CMF 15 aviation MOS series or other military / commercial equivalent
Previous experience in a maintenance training or quality control capacity.
Strong electrical / avionics background is a plus.
Previous experience working in a Host Nation program
Minimum 8 years of direct experience in aircraft maintenance, civilian or military.
Must have exercised the privilege of their A&P license for a minimum of 6 months in the previous 24 months.
Must be able to obtain and maintain an FAA Class III Medical Certificate.
Must have experience working with blueprint drawings, diagram specifications, service manuals, sketches, templates and other technical data.
Must be able to perform the full range of airframe and engine maintenance, repair, modifications, inspections and servicing of aircraft in accordance with approved methods, techniques and practices and certify accomplished work.
Host nation language proficiency per contract requirement. LATAM countries : Spanish Level 2 in both Listening and Reading (L2 / R2).
Must pass and / or obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or LN Embassy Check / RSO as required for the position, prior to hire.
Candidates must have US passport with at least 18 months remaining. The ability to pass a pre-employment physical, urinalysis and criminal background check.
This role requires the employee to be fully vaccinated against COVID.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision;
is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate;
listens attentively to others and retains / processes information.
3. Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him / her; deals tactfully with others;
assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short- & long-term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines;
consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work;
provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
6. Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others;
resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
8. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
9. Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
10. Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.