Want to take your career to the next level while having fun and working in a small, agile, and smart team? Do you like breaking and securing code?
We are the product security team, protect multiple Oracle cloud services, and build a secure ecosystem where developers can build secure services.
As a senior application security engineer, you will focus on ensuring the security of multiple services by working directly with our security teams, collaborating with our engineering teams, and promoting good development security practices throughout Oracle.
You will help developers understand security concepts and security practices . You will help the security team remain a trusted partner of the development organization by being friendly but uncompromising when it comes to getting security right.
· Conduct security design and code reviews
· Implement appropriate security protections to solve both individual vulnerabilities and entire vulnerability classes
· Build and manage tools to help identify issues, both in the IDE and in CI/CD to scale out the team through automation
· Build libraries that prevent security issues by design
· Identify areas where our processes can be improved, and where possible implement those improvements
· Identify, reproduce, and report security issues
· Collaborate with software engineers to make our software better, helping them balance product and security risk decisions
· Work together to educate engineers and product teams on the importance of security(missing new line)
· Perform proactive research to stay current on security issues, and share that knowledge with the rest of the security and engineering teams
· Collaborate with application security management on program direction, team growth, and on addressing systemic security issues
· 4+ years in the field of software development or security engineering
· Existing application security knowledge and/or desire to learn
· Strong ethics and understanding of ethics in information security
· Capable of working independently while supporting a team environment
· Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks
· Strong communication skills in English
· B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or commensurate experience
· Experience working in an Agile development environment.
· Familiarity with application security projects (e.g. OWASP Top 10), tools (e.g. ZAP, Burp), and how to build safer software.
· Recognized industry certification and/or continuing education programs are a major
· (remove new line) plus.
· Experience or familiarity with threat modeling, pen-testing, bug bounties, code review, capture the flag, or other AppSec activities.
· Contributions to open-source projects.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for the planning, design and build of security architectures; oversees the implementation of network and computer security and ensures compliance with corporate security policies and procedures.
Responsible for basic planning, design and build of security systems, applications, environments and architectures; oversees the implementation of security systems, applications, environments and architectures and ensures compliance with information security standards and corporate security policies and procedures.Assist in development of incident response capabilities, training, and tool validation.May research, evaluate, track, and manage information security threats and vulnerabilities in situations where analysis of well-understood information is required and where computer programming/scripting knowledge is required.May participate in an incident management team, responding to security events in line with Oracle incident response playbooks. Investigates purported intrusions and breaches, and oversees root cause analysis. Coordinates incidents with other business units and may assist the Incident Commander during serious incidents. Participates in developing new methods, and playbooks, as well as basic scripts, applications, and tools. Research industry trends and constantly assess current controls and threat posture of new and existing products and services.Recommend and implement new security controls across Oracle’s line of business (LOB).Improve current processes and workflows to minimize manual efforts.
Minimum of 5 years related experience in an information security role, supporting security programs and security engineering/architecture in complex enterprise environments. Hands on experience with enterprise security architecture, engineering and implementation required.Knowledge of compliance program security controls, like ISO 27001, SOC 2, HITRUST, and FedRAMP, as applied to cloud SaaS, PaaS and IaaS operations.Familiarity with SDLC principles and scripting & programming languages (such as Terraform, Python, Ruby, etc.).Preferred but not required qualifications include:Bachelor-level university degree in a relevant field from an accredited university, or equivalent. Experience in developing secure, scalable cloud architectures and distributed systems.Experience with high-level software design and development and the design, use, and deployment of automation and orchestration frameworks.Demonstrable scripting or programming experience.