Senior Accounting and Collections Specialist
What We Need
Kareo is looking for a passionate and talented Senior Collections Specialist who will be responsible for the overall health of the accounts receivable. You will own all things related to A/R from the collection of payments to reaching out directly to our customers to resolve any collection/payment issues. This role will require strong analytical and problem-solving skills, exceptional communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally with our Customer Service Managers and Sales team. Your sense of urgency and get-it-done attitude are critical to meeting our monthly collections goals.
Your Area of Focus
- Be responsible for the overall health of our accounts receivable
- Contact customers via phone/email to keep their accounts current
- Negotiate payment plans with customers without jeopardizing the relationship with Kareo to collect all past due invoices
- Issue customer credits and refunds in accordance with our policies
- Resolve payment discrepancies and short payments
- Manage credit card payments, ACH, and payment failures
- Manage and evaluate relationships with outside collection agencies
- Responsible for Cash application which includes: validating daily transactions, write-offs, maintaining the cash clearing GLs, and resolving any discrepancies
- Responsible for oversight of payment processing through our lockbox banking partner and manually processed payments and credit cards
- Special ad-hoc projects related to AR, as requested by management
- Make recommendations and implement actions necessary to maintain and improve department metrics including Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and AR Aging Over 90 Days
Your Professional Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience handling accounts receivables, deductions, credit, and collections
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with customers
- Experience working in a high volume environment with thousands of transactions
- Experience working with credit card payments, payment failures, and charge-backs
- Self-motivated and approach tasks with a proactive approach to tasks and identifying opportunities for process improvements
- Experience with automated cash application
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism, sound judgment, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a very high-paced, results-oriented environment and set priorities, and work independently and/or with the team to drive superior results
- Ability to recognize and communicate issues and roadblocks to team members and management
- Solid Excel skills
- Familiarity with NetSuite and Salesforce a plus
- Passionate - Be Passionately Driven: We take pride in our work, inspire others to excel, and are dedicated to solving tough problems in healthcare. We hold ourselves to the highest standards. And we work with urgency because what we do matters.
- Customer-Focused - Dedicated to Customer Success: Helping our customers succeed directs every action we take. We’re committed to helping their practices run smoother so their patients can thrive. We are solution-oriented and aligned with their needs.
- Collaborative - Together We’re Better: Great teams are collaborative, selfless, hardworking, and dedicated. We are willing to do what it takes to get the job done so we can accomplish more together.
- Growing - Constant Growth: We strive to have a growth mindset in all we do. We reject the status quo. We take a unique approach and make every effort to bring clarity to a needlessly complex industry. We are creative problem solvers that believe in making things better.
Kareo is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR