At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Performs validations, qualifications, calibrations and verifications. This includes qualification of Customer products, validation of the radiation process and calibration of laboratory instrumentation.
Generates accurate records including protocols and reports evidencing completion of these activities.
calibrates and maintains proper function of data collection devices used in validations and qualifications.
2. Ensures radiation processes are maintained in a validated state by executing revalidations following changes as well as performing periodic verifications.
3. Investigates unexpected test results and proposes solutions to process deviations and Customer complaints. Supports updates to procedures related to their responsibilities.
4. Assists plant management in training operations employees in performing process procedures. May provide guidance to Irradiator Operators and Material Handlers.
May assist operations as required to ensure the timely movement of product.
5. Assists in the performance and adherence to ISO 11137 requirements as directed by the Principal Scientist Radiation Technology.
responds to audit activities in a constructive manner and uses findings to improve operations where possible.
Education DegreeHigh School Diploma or GEDVocational / TechnicalRequired Experience
1. A minimum of one (1) year of experience in sterilization or related industry.
2. Ability to effectively write and verbally communicate in English.
3. Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
4. Effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior management experience.
5. Requires ability to navigate through defined computer screens.
6. Above average organizing and analyzing skills and Level 2 math skills (four basic arithmetic functions in all units of measurement, decimals ratios, rates, percentages) to determine organizational, Customer and regulatory problems and formulate corrective action plans; attention to detail.
7. Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
8. Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE : STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Segment : Developer, Technician, Laboratory, Instrumentation, Technology, Customer Service, Science, Engineering