Performs a variety of customer collection activities. Contacts customers to determine reason for payment delinquency and obtains payment commitment by placing / receiving calls that are predominantly routine but which also require assertiveness.
Responsibilities 1. Reduces past due dollars in assigned portfolio while also clearing all unapplied cash.
2. Uses multiple systems for tracking, information gathering, researching and entering documentation of communication with customer.
3. Handles customer contact in collection situations which require adaptation of response or research according to customer response.
4. Answers inquiries and resolves routine issues for non-payment of invoices.
5. Requires broad knowledge of company, products and / or services.
6. May respond to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials, secondary sources or more senior staff.
7. Exercises limited independent judgment and discretion in handling various collection scenarios.
8. Researches disputed delinquent account balances. Forwards any accompanying offsets / adjustments to appropriate personnel.
9. Ensures timely collections to include : escalation, managing customer relationships and account research.
10. Sends routine follow-up communication to customers.
11. Recommends accounts that need escalated collection efforts.
12. Reconcile customer account balances in the case of unidentified or unapplied payments.
invoicing, reporting, follow up on disputed invoices. Requirements