At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Responsible for the inventory accuracy and safe movement of Customer product from receiving area to storage and from the post processing area to pre-shipping storage area.
Performs the duties of Warehouse Assistant on a non-routine basis to include back-up support during employee absence and / or overtime requirements, and as needed during peak periods.
May perform the duties of Material Handler, Production as needed.
retrieves product from processed product storage and prepares for shipment.
maintains a clean orderly work area, performs Material Handling / Production functions as needed.
inputs records to system database.
4. Processes product according to specifications if qualified by training, and certification.
dispatches company vehicles to support operational and Customer requirements.
6. Provides guidance and direction to temporary employees as needed or required.
7. Transports products or materials and loads and unloads product into and from processing station by operating company vehicles and equipment.
8. Maintains and advances technical skills, knowledge and abilities by assigned training.
9. Works in a safe manner and considers safety in all aspects of job.
1. A minimum of one (1) year warehousing experience in an FDA, ISO, GMP environment.
In a numbered list, describe specific skills and / or business competencies :
1. Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
2. Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
3. Requires ability to navigate through defined computer screens.
4. Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 1 math skills (add and subtract 2 digit numbers. Multiply and divide 10’s and 100’s by 2,3,4,5, ability to use the four arithmetic functions of add, subtract, multiply and divide with money, measurements, e.
g. cup, pint, inch, foot, lbs. etc.).
5. Requires effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
6. Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
7. Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS plc is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE : STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.