At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Assists in maintaining and repairing all facility equipment, machinery and buildings while maintaining sufficient inventory levels.
participating in the installation of new equipment as required.
2. Contributes to maintaining a safe, secure and clean workplace by conducting the daily, weekly, quarterly and semi-annual safety / maintenance inspections according to pre-
established guidelines and schedules; completes related paperwork in a timely and accurate manner to GMP standards.
3. Contributes to production efficiency by responding to maintenance calls on a 24 hour 7 days per week basis as assigned, rotating on-
maintaining a spare parts program.
4. Maintains building climate by installing, repairing and servicing ventilation, heat and air conditioning systems.
5. Complies with all environmental requirements for waste.
6. Maintains facility lighting by installing and repairing wiring and fixtures.
7. Monitors production efficiency by maintaining and analyzing a production downtime record.
8. Ensures employee safety by adhering to all Lock-out, Tag out procedures; following the MSDS safety procedures when using chemicals.
responds to audit activities in a constructive manner and uses findings to improve operations where possible.
10. Maintains mechanical and technical skills knowledge and abilities by attending workshops, reviews trade publications and participates in training others to conduct minor, basic repairs to equipment, machinery, etc.
Completes any training deficiency as noted.
11. Successfully meets the requirements of irradiator operator.
12. Successfully completes electrical and OSHA classes as demonstrated through hands on task demonstration and written test.
13. Utilizes and updates spare part practices / policies / systems.
14. Completes other certifications, i.e., forklift, welding, boiler, pesticide applicator, as identified by operator licenses / permits.
Duties - cont'd
15. Utilizes computer to complete work orders, forms, training, etc.
16. Provides protection to employees by promoting and issuing monitoring devices in hazard areas as required by safety rules.
Complies with and promotes all hot work requirements.
Number of years experience accepted in lieu of degree and type : 3
Number of years experience with degree indicated above and type : 0
1. 3 years related experience in a manufacturing / industrial environment.
2. Subject to passing Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) required background check.
3. Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
4. Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
5. Requires computer literacy to include word processing, spreadsheet and software capabilities.
6. Requires effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
7. Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 3 math skills (ratios, proportions, basic algebra) to determine organizational Customer and regulatory problems to formulate corrective action plans.
8. Requires ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
9. May require PLC / control experience.
10. Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
11. Requires working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanics or electrical applications.
12. Requires ability to read blueprints and schematics.
13. Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE : STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Segment : Maintenance, Technician, Hydraulics, Electrical, Welding, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering