We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to help us manage the entertainment industry's most advanced production finance application. This role requires excellent engineering talent. As our first DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with the software engineering, information security, and IT teams to move rapidly on various initiatives. If you are passionate about what you do, we want to meet you. If you know that your ideas are what get things done and you know that if a task isn't done well, it's not worth doing at all, you will be working with people who feel the exact same way at GreenSlate.
WHO WE ARE
GreenSlate is the fastest-growing provider of technology and business solutions for media productions. We provide the most advanced technology for production accounting and entertainment payroll. Our innovative cloud-based platform is evolving the entertainment industry's back-office by replacing inefficient paper-based processes with digital solutions. The studios, film franchises, independent producers, and content creators we serve benefit from greater efficiencies, better access to data, and cost savings, and they minimize their impact on the environment. GreenSlate offers a full range of payroll, software application, production accounting, tax credit management, ACA compliance & benefits, production insurance, and consulting services. To learn more about the productions we partner with, please visit gslate.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Working with a fast-paced development team following an agile process.
- A team-wide focus on principles, best practices, and craftsmanship.
- Access to continued online learning via platforms like PluralSight.
- Being part of the team bringing technical disruption to the content production industry.
- Opportunity to own and architect the future of our AWS infrastructure.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Process and detail-oriented, providing extremely high-quality deliverables.
- Able to balance competing priorities and work efficiently to deliver rapid results.
- A solid work ethic and tenacity, enthusiasm for technical challenges
- You keep abreast of tech trends and bring knowledge of industry best-practices to mature and elevate our existing AWS infrastructure
- Utilizing analytics to identify opportunities to improve the hosting environment, such as cost savings, optimization, or and concepts like Reserved Instances, tagging, reporting, etc.
- Able to speak as the authority on matters such as the intricacies of various common AWS concepts, for example, but not limited to: Reserved Instances. Openness and willingness to investigate unfamiliar concepts, study them, and then provide insights to peers.
- A strong IT generalist with competency in multiple areas, including networking, high-availability infrastructure architecture, DevSecOps, scripting, and software development.
- Strong experience administering Windows 2012R2 and later in a domain environment
- Hands-on experience using automation tools, configuration management, and Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Support the Development team by providing them tools that improve rapid feedback (e.g. automated unit testing) and remove bottlenecks to code release
- Support the IT Operations team by providing tools that aid in telemetry, server builds, deployment, and user provisioning/deprovisioning
- Support the Information Security team by interpreting and applying policies, protocols and best practices. Participate in security audits of the infrastructure entrusted to you.
- Integrating 3rd party products like code repos (Git), deployment tools (e.g. Team City), monitoring (e.g New Relic, Pingdom), and chat clients to give visibility to all stakeholders
- Create hosting diagrams, propose improvements, document processes, educate the team
- Own and automate the release management workflow and setup processes.
- Knowledge of monitoring and log management tools.
- Automate manual processes using scripting (C#, Python, Java, etc) and tools.
- Responsibility for maintaining all of GreenSlate's AWS infrastructure and footprint.
- Complete ownership and oversight of the production and staging environments for both the desktop (Citrix) application and the web applications.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- Two weeks of paid time off per year plus an additional PTO day per year.
- The ability to work from home full-time.
- Monthly team-building activities
- Ongoing education and opportunities
- Access to a powerful laptop workstation with a docking station and dual monitors.
- Work for a company headquartered in Manhattan.
- Direct access to senior management, including the CTO.
GREENSLATE SIZZLE REEL
Get to know us by watching our sizzle reel!