UX Designer/Engineer - Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
We are seeking an experienced UX Designer/Engineer to help us develop the entertainment industries most advanced production finance application. This role requires excellent design and engineering talent. You will work closely with the product design team to move rapidly from concept to proof-of-concept to execution. And, you will work with our brand managers to design and build digital experiences that attract users to our platform. If you are the kind of person who can't sleep until you figure out how to solve that problem from earlier in the day, GreenSlate could be the place for you. If you are passionate about what you do, and have a portfolio that shows it, we want to meet you. If you know that your ideas are what get things done and you know that if a task isn't done well, it's not worth doing at all, you will be working with people who feel the exact same way at GreenSlate.
WHO WE ARE
GreenSlate is the fastest-growing provider of technology and business solutions for media productions. We provide the most advanced technology for production accounting and entertainment payroll. Our innovative cloud-based platform is evolving the entertainment industry's back-office by replacing inefficient paper-based processes with digital solutions. The studios, film franchises, independent producers, and content creators we serve benefit from greater efficiencies, better access to data, and cost savings, and they minimize their impact on the environment. GreenSlate offers a full range of payroll, software application, production accounting, tax credit management, ACA compliance & benefits, production insurance, and consulting services. To learn more about the productions we partner with, please visit gslate.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT?
- A dynamic position working with different teams across the organization.
- A fast-paced development backed by a solid SDLC -- branching, pull requests, CI, and QA.
- Having every pull request thoughtfully code reviewed by a peer before being merged.
- A focus on design thinking , SOLID principles, best practices, and software craftsmanship.
- Participating in daily stand-ups (including NYC and LA), pair programming, and collaboration.
- An extensive onboarding covering our company, technologies, architecture, and practices.
- Working with a fully responsive, single-page-application (SPA) powered by a RESTful API.
WHAT WE EXPECT?
- Expert in front-end technologies such as CSS (LESS, SASS) and CSS-only responsive design
- Experience with design technologies (e.g. Photoshop, Sketch) and UI/UX wireframes
- Experience with real-world single-page applications including: client-side templating, server-side rendering, MVC on the client (e.g. Knockout, Angular)
- Comfortable working with marketing platforms (HubSpot and WordPress)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Brilliance and passion for software craftsmanship
- A sense of humor and a friendly personality
- Professionalism and maturity
- A solid work ethic and tenacity, enthusiasm for technical challenges
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- Private health insurance.
- Ability to work remotely full-time.
- Investment in your abilities & career development.
- Team-building activities like parties, poker nights, and soccer matches.
- Two weeks of paid time off per year plus an additional PTO day per year.
- Access to a powerful laptop workstation with a docking station and dual monitors.
- Be employed directly by a US-based company -- you will be part of GreenSlate.