The company Hands-on Labs provide a curated, prescriptive and consistent way for customers to experience The company products online and at events around the world. With more than 1 million labs delivered to date, the Hands-on Labs is a key component of The company global marketing and sales efforts.
Job Role and Responsibility
The The company Hands-on Labs (HOL) infrastructure team is looking for an experienced Technical Marketing Architect to join our infrastructure team. You will be called upon to leverage your skills and experience to support the development of lab environments that will educate customers in the usage of and assess their knowledge of our products.
As a member of the HOL infrastructure team, you will be responsible for engaging with the HOL Content Architecture team and stakeholders from across the company to support the creation of lab environments for new and existing products. This is a “hands-on” role that requires knowledge of The company products and common operating system environments. Members of the HOL infrastructure team are expected to understand how our products integrate to create solutions that address business and IT challenges of our customers. On a regular basis, you will be tasked with the following
• Ensure that lab content adheres to HOL guidelines for consistency, scalability, security and reliability.
• Provide guidance to lab development teams and lead the technical development of innovative labs that drive lead generation and maturation.
• Collaborate with cloud provider and The company Learning Platform teams to confirm functionality and reliability of deployed lab environments.
• Monitor for issues and work with cloud and lab development teams to ensure that technical issues are addressed quickly.
Successful candidates have 5 or more years of experience in some or all of the following roles:
• Solutions architect or consultant in a professional services organization with experience architecting and implementing enterprise-class infrastructure services and business application solutions.
• Technical marketing or technical product marketing for leading-edge products.
• Systems engineering at an infrastructure technology or enterprise software company.
VMware vSphere product experience (VCP-DCV certification)
• Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server and/or Linux operating systems
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work across teams
• Experience writing scripts or software in a programming language
• Exceptional people, speaking and writing skills
• Ability to work independently, setting individual goals based on team goals and direction
• A proven track record of developing and delivering technical training material aimed at customers, partners or sales teams
• Willing to travel up to 25% to support Hands-on Labs events and to evangelize VMware technologies and solutions with partners, customers and business leaders
• VMware technology and product experience beyond vSphere
• VCAP, VCIX and/or VCDX certifications
• Python and PowerShell
• pyvmomi and PowerCLI
• IP Networking: Subnets, VLANs, firewall and proxy
• BS in Computer Science or related technical degree
• VMware Cloud Director
12 months contract (Extension possibility)
$ 2,100 USD - $ 2,400 USD