At simMachines, an InRule Technology® company, our vision is to enable users of all sorts to tell computers to “do what I mean” when it comes to making complex decisions or writing and managing rules and calculations. We want to bring everyone the power of computing without the complexity of programming. Our ML development team provides similarity-oriented, explainable machine learning solutions. Our most important feature is that we focus on telling you the WHY of a prediction; this allows our clients to make informed actions based on our predictions and our algorithms to comply with the most stringent Artificial Intelligence auditing rules.
InRule Technology®, Inc. is a SaaS company with hundreds of customers in more than 40 countries. Some of the world’s largest banks, insurance companies, healthcare organizations, and governments rely on our decision platform to automate mission-critical business decisions to reduce risk and delight customers.
Recent acquisitions of an explainable AI/machine learning company, as well as a digital process automation company, are fueling demand for our technology and creating a need to expand our team.
The Senior Software Engineer will work with a team of software engineers building and maintaining state-of-the-art machine learning products. You will lead design aspects of new development and will coach junior team members on best practices. This role will report to the Vice President of Data Science.
- Developing software for an existing API-based Machine Learning product
- Working with data scientists, discovering their needs, and proposing solutions
- Participating in architectural design/redesign efforts
- Participating in best-practice discussions and reviews
- Advising and assisting junior team members and interns on best practices
- Participating in code and documentation reviews
- Communicating with client solution managers about project status
- Participating in technical client support including problem identification and investigation
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering with five years or more experience in large scale software development
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Bilingual: Spanish/English
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to a start-up environment and changing responsibilities
- Extensive experience with Agile methods, Java, and database software a must
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Experience in large scale Java software development
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Continuous Integration, Docker a significant plus
- Experience with Python, R, Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas, Sklearn, Machine Learning algorithms, ETL, Big Data, Hadoop, Apache Spark, or graphical data visualization are a plus
- San Jose, Costa Rica (100% Work From Home during the pandemic)
Powered by JazzHR