At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Responsible for the inventory accuracy and safe movement of Customer product from receiving area to storage and from the post processing area to pre-shipping storage area.
May perform the duties of Material Handler, Production or Production / Warehouse Assistant as needed.
retrieves product from processed product storage and prepares for shipment.
maintains a clean orderly work area, performs Material Handling / Production functions as needed.
3. Contributes to accuracy of processing and product accountability by reviewing receiving and shipping paperwork; implements appropriate corrections and documenting product movement both pre- and post processing.
4. Processes product according to specifications if qualified by training, and certification.
5. Maintains and advances technical skills, knowledge and abilities by assigned training.
6. Works in a safe manner and considers safety in all aspects of job.
7. Exhibits a commitment to the AST shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
supports the directives and decisions of higher level management and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate
2. Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
3. Requires ability to navigate through defined computer screens.
4. Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 1 math skills (add and subtract 2 digit numbers. Multiply and divide 10’s and 100’s by 2,3,4,5, ability to use the four arithmetic functions of add, subtract, multiply and divide with money, measurements, e.
g. cup, pint, inch, foot, lbs. etc.).
5. Requires effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
6. Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
7. Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS plc is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE : STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.