Job Posting Date
Oct 8, 2018, 10 : 57 : 27 AM Job Purpose
The Regional Proposal Leader will co-ordinate and produce the proposal (RFQ, BID, etc.) response whilst assembling a proposal team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to win.
Responsibilities include introduction and implementation of all necessary proposal procedures and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure that the flow of the sales process and order entry is followed according to company guidelines;
2. Manage the preparation of proposals / quotations as support to the Sales team;
3. Develop innovative ideas and alternatives to be cost competitive with Proposals.
4. To act as managers of the team, observing aspects of selection, development, communication and retention of the team;
5. Provide technical guidance and direction to Proposals team
6. Ensure that group objectives are aligned with LAM SYSS objectives.
7. Establish and align individual objectives to accomplish group objectives.
8. Develop policies and strategies to improve the sales and operational processes and act as integrator of the various processes of the company;
ensure strategies are developed to mitigate risk exposure and increase the probability of win
9. Guarantee the maintenance of price and communication policies with all the sales channels of the company;
10. Manage project proposals of greater complexity;
11. Participate in the definitions and follow the sales and billing goals to ensure compliance with the goals;
12. Responsible for promoting the interaction and managing the execution areas of a project / proposal;
13. Guarantee synergy between Sales and Operations;
14. Standardize processes, information, schedules, estimates, reports and plans;
15. Support project teams based on the PMO standards;
16. Track and provide updates on progress of the proposals;
17. Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
18. Demonstrate ability to influence others, from staff to senior leaders through a strong presence, thoughtful challenges, and use of sound judgment.
19. Active participation in DOA process directly and / or providing assistance to other team members, as required
20. Collaborate in X-BU proposals
21. Proactively help to develop future leaders
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Electronics / Electrical / Electro Mechanical)
7+ Years with 3+ years’ experience in Engineering, Project or Proposal Management, 3+ years’ sales (desirable), and 3+ years with direct reports.
MBA and / or Sales experience is a plus
Ability to analyze state of the DCS at site and prioritize tasks in order to provide value to customers
Advanced English skills (B2) - Portuguese (plus)
Ability to communicate to management the strategy and progress with respect to targets
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must be results-orientated and able to work within a collaborative yet competitive environment
Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers
Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
A good business understanding and the ability to work effectively with internal and external customers are essential