Summary This role manages the Warehouse to ensure outstanding customer service levels and accuracy in the order fulfillment / shipments.
Supervises the material handling and shipping clerks, Order Fulfillment clerks and all temporary staff hired in the Warehouse.
Responsibilities 1. Effectively processes order fulfillment or raw material receipts for all customer orders
2. Interfaces with Customer Service / QC / Planning staff to maximize accuracy of material management and ensures customer satisfaction.
3. Double checks pick lists for accuracy & on time deliveries.
4. Maintains inventory by conducting daily cycle counts; reconciling variances; inputting data.
5. Monitors inventory levels and notifies planning group of potential backorder shortages.
6. Works with other local or global warehouses / quality team to stage and hold shipments to ensure proper release processes.
7. Acts as back-up for the Warehouse Lead, as needed.
8. Monitors all orders shipments to ensure they are accurate and appropriate.
9. Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering inventory consumption and recommending improvements.
10. Creates efficient processes for the FG warehouse and logistic departments, as required.
11. Responsible for training associates on, procedures, efficiency and accuracy in the warehouse.
12. Maintain administration responsibility for the dept. Attendance, associate’s performance, schedules, training, etc.
1. JD Edwards system experience preferred
2. Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
3. Ability to multi-task and successfully adhere to deadlines
4. Ability to read and interpret packing lists and invoices
5. Competent with inventory counts and accuracy Requisite Experience 1. Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Business, Engineering, Science or equivalent
2. 3 years materials handling experience in an FDA regulated medical environment (desirable)
3. 1-2 years warehouse management experience
4. Professional certification (APICS, ISM, ASP) a plus
5. Excellent communication skills
1. Extended periods of sitting, standing and / or computer use
2. Extended periods working in a warehouse environment
3. Ability to lift to 50 pounds